Write and History Requests
Write Request is sent to a Device JID to set a Field to a particular Numeric Value , for instance Relay of a Device, or “hue” of Philips Hue can be changed through a write command.
History Request is sent to a Device with a FieldName so as to read its values over a period of time.
This Week we will use Write to set numeric values to Device Fields and History to get Values of a Field over a period of time from a Device.
- Send a hardcoded Write Query to a Device and set a Field Value to a particular Value.
- Extend sending Write Query from hardcoded to a command ‘/write FieldName Value’ that can be sent to a device using ChatBox.
- Send a hardcoded History Query to a Device and get Values of Field over a particular period of Time.
##Problems Faced and Work Arounds
####History Command not receiving any messages.
- We tried sending various hardcoded History Queries to the Devices but they were not responding to the History Request.
- We will complete implementing History and use ChartJs to Visualize the History in the form of a Line Graph.